Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"There's no shame in it, at least it's honest..."

"...Hate me, but do it honestly."

I don't mind being disliked, I can handle being hated, I can even handle the dishonesty that people put on. Commonly referred to as two-facedness. I don't care for this term as most, if not everyone, is "two-faced". When we pretend to be grateful for that jumper Grandmother knitted at christmas, even though we have plenty of jumpers and would rather not walk around in something that looked like she found it lying in a puddle in Steptoe's yard. We fake our gratitude and put on a happy face. That is "two-facedness", we do it more than we realise.

People do it to protect another person's feelings. We're nice to the people we dislike so as not to hurt them and also because it's easier and more fun. And why not? There's no reason not to be polite and nice to people just because we don't like them as people. You're not going to get on with everybody, nor should you try to. And not everybody is going to like you. It's a fact of life.

But honestly we don't owe anybody (other than our own children) anything. I'm honest about my hatred for humanity. I have no problem with being rude to the increasing number of morons I find myself surrounded by. And if you ask me the following question; "You don't like me do you?" don't expect anything less than the truth.

If you ask, I answer. You deserve that much, even if you are a moron.

When I give you the answer don't suddenly feel the need to reciprocate my feelings towards you. Pretending to hate me just because I said I didn't like you isn't honest behaviour. I gave you honesty, I'd hope for the same courtesy from you. The very fact you asked if I liked you suggests that you want me too. And sometimes people are so very transparent. It takes more than a day to hate someone. You're welcome to hate me, hate is honest. Just give it time my dear.

No comments: