Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Safe

As the song goes:

"Safe when nobody is in your heart now..."

I'm not safe from heartache, no matter how alone I keep myself. It hunts me down, old pains, old miseries knock at my door. The demons come for me in my sleep uninvited and make sure that when I wake I'm suddenly very aware of how empty the room is.

Cold and empty.

Then I look within myself for comfort, into my heart. But just like the room it is cold and empty.

The Fates whisper to me when I can't sleep, they say she's out there, that one day I'll find her or she'll find me. Somewhere out there on the edges of dreams and happiness, a place I've never seen, a place I cannot imagine. I'll love again on the other side of despair.

There's a broken man in my mirror that says, "the Fates lie."

To hope then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope for your sake you do find her soon. If anyone is derserving of happiness and companionship its you.

Ive never met a more nicer, caring person, then you have been to me.

*sighs soflty*

I mean this from the buttom of my heart when I say it to. Nothing would make me happier then to see you Happy and in love and receving that love in return, so for you my dear I will pray that the Fates bless you with the thing that will stop you from being lonley cause you are not desrving of it..