Monday, May 28, 2007

The Needing.

"Well you're the kind of person who probably thinks needing people is a weakness."

This was something said to me during a conversation with a friend in which we were discussing a heartbreak she'd recently suffered.

I didn't take issue with this statement as I'm sure people believe this kind of thing about me. I did however correct her. I told her that I don't believe needing people is a weakness. I told her that I need people, just like everyone does.

It's just I keep the people I need wholly seperate from everybody else. There are people I go to to talk about things. Because I both respect them and care greatly for them. It isn't a long list but it's quality that counts, not quantity. The following list is a list of people I regard I need/rely on in my life.

Gareth-
My oldest and closest friend. Granted I don't talk about my personal life with him in any detail but he'd always be there for me if I chose to. Without realising it he'll always take my mind off of anything just be being fun to be with. After almost 17 years of being friends I'm quite comfortable to say that I love Gareth. We're more than friends now, we're brothers.

Summer-
A phonecall from you can cheer a dark mood. You think far too highly of me, and although it's self-absorbed, I need that sometimes. You're a beautiful person, you deserve all the wonderful things that I don't. If I held any sway with the Fates I'd make sure you were happy for the rest of your days. Again, although I don't talk about my personal life with you, I feel I could and you'd listen. I don't purposely hide it from you, If you wish to ask any questions you, of all people, are most welcome to Pretty Lady.

Jolynn-
I'm sorry but you're the person I picked out of everyone to talk to about my problems. Sorry I've given you that burden. I'm a terribly uninteresting person, I know. You can see through me at times and I welcome that. And I'm certainly not afraid of that harsh tongue of yours, in fact I'm quite fond of it. All I need from you is an ear and an honest opinion and you're always happy to lend me both, for that I thank you. Heaven knows why you put up with me Boss Lady.

Jordynn-
Less innocent every time we talk, I hope my influence didn't have too bad an effect on you ;). You and I don't talk as much as we used to or should anymore. But I do feel some manner of connection or link to you if that makes sense. I'm always pleased when I think of the world with people like you in it, brings a smile to my face. And you too are always happy to listen to me when I'm down, you've always been so lovely to me. You'll make someone very happy one day. But there's one thing you must do for me; get on MSN more! If you ever need me, for anything at all, I'm here for you Special One.


So that concludes the list of people in my life that I feel I need/rely on more than anyone else. I'm sure you'll notice that 3 out of 4 I met through Society of Sound back in the day. It's odd how little things like becoming an internet radio DJ can have such a profound effect on your life.




Disclaimer: There are a few obvious additions to the list I have not included for example; my cat, my mother etc. Mainly because I don't talk to them much about anything. My cat doesn't really care about anybody except himself anyway.

No comments: