Friday, May 11, 2007

The start of something new

So this marks the first official post on my new blog. I'm not one who is used to speaking (or writing) for any length on the subject of myself or my life, I tend to avoid it as best I can. My closed off nature appears to lead many to believe that I'm an interesting person, I can assure you dear reader that this is far from the case.

So why keep a blog/journal? If I'm so mind-numbingly boring and so detest discussing myself, why write upon that very subject?

The answer is simple; vanity.

My own vanity drives me to keep a record of my own life. So that I can read it and judge myself accordingly, or have others judge me should I wish to share this blog with them.

The conclusion would be the same: I am not a very nice person.

I ask one favour of those that read this though: If I know you (i.e. we have met, are friends etc) please do not talk to me about anything you may read here. I do not fear your judgement, nor your remarks, I just do not wish to discuss my life with you. If you wish to say something, feel free to leave a comment, email me a question etc. It's just a personal thing, if it's written in here then it probably means I don't want it to be brought up. If it appears frivilous (for example if I were to go on a rant about a film I've seen) then feel free to bring it up with me in person. But otherwise further than reading this blog, my business, my life, is not yours. It's my choice to bring it up in conversation, not yours.

Told you I wasn't a very nice person.