Saturday, July 28, 2007

Vengeance is Mine (sayeth the Lord)

Tonight I went to Glastonbury to see the titled band perform. The lineup is as follows:

Brad- Vocals
Chris- Guitar
Tim Knight- Bass Guitar
Alex Knight- Drums

I do not say the following lightly and I truly mean it when I say it:

Individually each instrument player in that band is an absolute MASTER of their respective instrument. I've never heard or seen (live, recorded or otherwise) a more talented drummer than Alex. Tim's bass playing is really something special. As for Chris he is the most talented guitar player I've ever met.

Fronting the band was Brad on vocals, it's certainly his preference in genre that seems to heavily define the rest of the band. It was very heavy metal almost all the way and Brad very rarely broke crow/shout except for in the 2 songs that required melodic singing (which were both covers).

I enjoyed their music. They played their genre very well. My favourite song of the night was their cover of System of a Down's Suite Pee, they certainly did it justice.

Given that this was only their second gig and also given that they are as I say an immensely talented group of individuals, I'm certain that they can only get better.




A welcome break from the misery that is this week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you did somethign this weekend that you enjoyed!

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome.

Life music ftw.

Tell them to tell you where to put a link to get a song that we can listen to - like weareaband.com or something. (not a real site) ((or maybe it is, I just didn't bother typing it into a browser address bar to find out, so don't blame me if it's NSFW))