Monday, July 16, 2007

And a word of advice to an old friend.

Falling in love is nobody's fault. The heart has a will of it's own, it wants what it wants. You will find that you love whom you love and as touching of a sentiment as that is, oft times it is an agonising curse.

But no, nobody should be angry at you for loving against your will. Nobody should condemn you for feeling what you feel, for caring. From situations such as these only pain and misery can be the outcome, at least for somebody. Most often for the hapless fool whose heart jumps out of his chest and attaches itself to the closest inappropriate person.

Heart: "I want that one"
Fool: "You can't have that one...ever"
Heart: "Too late, I've chosen. It's that person else I destroy myself."
Fool: "But that would hurt"
Heart: "For some reason that doesn't matter as much to me as it does to you."

...

Fool: "ow."


Poor Fool. Circumstance aims to make a mockery of him. My heart goes out to you and those affected by the choices hearts make.

I shall close with one of the few Shakespeare quotes I still know by heart:

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bloody Hearts...