Sunday, September 09, 2007

Jinxed

Y'know that nasty feeling you get when you feel like something really bad is going to happen soon or some horrible occurance of bad luck is closing in on you? Well I've been having that feeling for the past few days.

I have been having a bad few days. Nothing major, just lots of little/medium-sized things going wrong.

Friday was Elize's birthday meal and my hair decided it wanted a bad hair day all of a sudden. (Tiny thing really but I wanted to make a good impression on people I hadn't seen for a while).

On the drive back I almost had an accident. (Thanks to my mad driving skillz I survived.)

This morning I was almost late for work and had forgotten my keycard and my knife. (Irratating but not a problem really).

On the drive home my car broke down at a very dangerous location and I had to push it uphill to a safe location and then run 3 miles to get home because this morning I had also forgotten my phone (I say "forgotten" but I actually never take it with me anyway). That's right I had to run 3 miles in the pitch dark after a 12 hour shift of manual labour in which I was on my feet the whole time. (This one really annoyed me but on the plus side I discovered that thanks to my job I'm fitter than perhaps I've ever been).

Looking at this list I've noticed that the occurances of bad luck are getting progressively worse and seeing as how the foreboding feeling is still with me I'm guessing the worst is yet to come.

-sigh- Ok Fates, what's next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your having a hard time. I do hope you pull threw, remeber that wich dont kill us can only make us stronger. ~hugs~

Layna said...

It is always darkest before the dawn.